Track steps, distance, calories burned & active minutes
Automatically recognizes select activities and records it in the exercise section of the Fitbit app
Auto Sleep Tracking & Silent Alarms
Monitor your sleep automatically & set a silent alarm
Reminders to Move
Get friendly reminders to move that encourage you to reach an hourly goal of 250 steps
See call & text notifications and calendar alerts on display
Personalize Alta with metal, leather and multi-colored bands for a wide range of looks
Long Battery Life
Lasts longer than competing trackers with a battery life of up to 5 days*
Sweat, rain and splash proof
Sync stats wirelessly & automatically to leading smartphones and computers
*Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary.
Sensors & Components
OLED tap display
Battery and Power
We recommend charging Alta every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
• Battery life: lasts up to 5 days
• Battery type: Lithium-polymer
• Charge time: One to two hours
• Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
• Tracks 5 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.
• Tracks daily totals for past 30 days
Alta is sweat, rain and splash proof, but is not swim proof.
We recommend taking it off before showering, as it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
If Alta gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on.
Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off every now and then, and regularly clean your band and wrist. Learn more.
The classic Alta wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches, and includes a surgical-grade stainless steel clasp.
• Operating temperature: 14° to 113° F
• Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
Alta syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
• Syncing range: 30 feet
• Notifications: Text and call via Bluetooth 4.0
• Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port
• Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection
• Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices